Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Campaign Update; R3S4

Wow. Holy shit. Goddamn. Today was one of those days that makes me glad to be a gamer! I think that if every game was like this, everyone would play games. Hot damn. After weeks and weeks of waiting, we were finally able to get in that final battle before kicking over to D&D.

It was exactly the type of game that you would want for a final battle. Massive melees, alliances, a stubborn opponent who refused to quit, a seemingly clear cut victory that was hard won, and most importantly Peking Duck.

We actually started planning this battle almost a month ago. That's where the Peking Duck comes in. We planned to have a massive Chaos on the Streets match between all of us and see who came in where. I'll post that stuff later, once I've sorted it out myself. This week the planning kicked into high gear. The IT department had taken two adjacent computer towers out of our area to eventually be replaced. So on Tuesday I spent half the day cleaning up the area of dust and stray wires. All that was left were the phones and the monitors. Three minutes to move the monitors and the phones, and we had a giant gaming area. It was approximately 2.5x8 foot. Almost enough for a game of 40K.

When we placed all of the terrain, it was still kinda bare. Necessity being the mother of invention, we grabbed some other stuff from around the office to work as terrain. Small beach balls, an empty can of cashews, and even a Richard Alpert from LOST bobblehead all pulled some double duty.

In the end we had something that looked like this;

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A huge area for us to game with. This spread us out nicely and created such a great game that we spent the entire day playing a single game, and finished the actual game with ten minutes to spare. We even took a nice break in the middle to order some Peking Duck and Pork Dumplings. Dear god, it was heavenly. I've never had a nicer day at work, and I'm hard pressed to think of a better day of gaming I've ever had. Peking Duck, by the way is mana from heaven. Ok, mana from Pan-Asia, but after I finished eating, it was joked that I had to go have a post-coital cigarette. Man, I must have been some sort of horrible person in a previous life to have this delicious meal denied to me up until now. The day passed wonderfully, and if you have never had Peking Duck while gaming, you really need to. We even lost track of how many rounds we had played by the end of the day.

Now, onto the game. We were playing Chaos on the Streets, and we happened to roll the scenario, Lost Prince. Since Richard Alpert was a tad huge and already pulling terrain duties, we went into my collection of random models, and with a bit of joking I found a perfect model. A dancing girl from the Reaper line that I bought years ago. So we decided to re-name the scenario in her honor....The Wayward Whore.

A pic of the Wayward Whore from a bit later. (I just realized that I'm going to have to do some heavy editing before I can repost this before I put it on some of the more respectable forums that I'm a member of)
Photobucket

Here's the battle breakdown;

LAZ (Skaven 276) vs. Megan (O&G 219) vs. Jim (Undead 249) vs. Tom (Dwarf 200)

Chaos on the Streets: The Lost Prince (The Wayward Whore)

Skaven Rout!
Orcs Voluntarily Rout!
Dwarfs completely destroyed!
Undead Victorious!


1. Who Killed Who:

Thunderer OoA Mohawk
Engineer shooting OoA BS II
Eshin Sorceror shooting OoA clansman in heavy armor
Thunderer OoA verminkin
verminkin curbstomps beardling
engineer shooting OoA giant rat
Eshin Sorceror shooting OoA orange beard
Orange Hair CC OOA verminkin
Dire Wolves curbstomp Big Un 1 after Necromancer casts life drain on him.
Vampire OoA orc Boy
Ogre OoA goblin spearman
Ghoul OoA Big Un 2.
Verminkin OoA thunderer
Verminkin OoA white beard
Beardling OoA verminkin
thunderer OoA BS I
Goblin shooting OoA direwolf
Ghoul OoA Helmet
Verminkin OoA Orc Shaman
Troll OoA Ogre
Ghoul OoA goblin w/spear
Thunderer OoA verminkin
Verminkin curbstomps engineer
Orc Cheiftain curbstomps thunderer
Direwolf Curbstomps goblin
Superghoul curbstomps goblin
Painted Dreg curbstomps Troll after Vampire Stunned.
Ghoul OoA Orcboy
thunderer shooting OoA ghoul
Balled dreg OoA thunderer
Ghoul OoA thunderer after Dreg stunned.
Vampire curbstomp beardling
ghoul curbstomp thunderer
Vampire curbstomp final beardling



2. Injury Results

LAZ:
Mohawk: 14- dead. That will teach me to spend time converting and sculpting a model.
BS I- 33 (-1 ini)
BS II- 34 (-1 WS)
Verminkin Club: x1: FR
Verminkin Spear: x3: all FR
Verminkin Sword x1: FR


Megan
Orc Shaman: arm wound miss next game
Big Un 1: 54 FR
Big Un 2: 52 FR
Helmet: 22 (-1 Move)
orc Boy:FR
orc boy: dead
Goblin w/ Spear x2: dead, FR
Goblin w/ Bow x2: FR FR



Jim:
Ogre: FR
Dire Wolf: Dead
Ghoul: Dead


Tom:
Engineer: 24 (stupid- which all things considered isn't that big of a deal with Ld 9)
Orange Hair: 31 (-1 BS)
White Hair: 46 FR
Beardling A+S: FR
Thunderer x5: FR, FR, FR, FR, FR
Clansman: dead
clansman: FR
Beardling: FR

Let's break it down by pics. I believe that I got pics of most of the action.

My setup;
Photobucket

Tom's setup; A quick note, I thought his set up was rather stupid when I first saw it. Lazy or some such, but those dwarves proved to be the immovable object in this game. He outlasted alot of the higher level warbands. Granted, he decided to fight until the bitter end, but it goes a long way to show how when Tom is with it, he's really with it.
Photobucket

Megan's setup:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jim's setup:
Photobucket

Orcs Advance!
Photobucket

The Undead walk toward the Wayward Whore, who obviously is a fan of Twilight, since she wandered real close to them.
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Tom's turn, she must have realized that the Vampire was a Blood Dragon, and not Robert Pattinson, since she wandered away from them.
Photobucket

Dwarfs do a slight amount of maneuvering.
Photobucket

Goddamn Whore wanders away from me again.
Photobucket

I drop out of hiding with my infiltrators and hit Tom's line. This was a major piece of bad luck for me, since in the first exchange my CC-kitted night runner did nothing but whiff and then Tom's only piece of major luck, a thunderer (without a hand weapon!) took him out of Action.
Photobucket

Here chicka-baby! We gots the stones. *Snicker*
Photobucket

The Orcs try to show off thier manliness and go after the Wayward Whore.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Apparently, the Wayward Whore is a furry. She walked right up to my front line. Not my turn though, so I couldn't nab her.
Photobucket

The Undead advance with some bad intentions.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tried to get another shot from a different direction.
Photobucket

Finally, I grabbed her, but it was not to last. As was my plan.
Photobucket

And some more Skaven Advances. Needless to say, I did more moving then just about anyone this early in the game.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Orcs advance, while the Dwarfs try to deal with the Black Skaven in thier midst. He hit them on turn 2, and remained there the rest of the game. Didn't get taken out, but didn't really do anything else either.
Photobucket

Jim advances and charges my line to take the Wayward Whore from me!
Photobucket

Some MORE advancement by Megan. Her plan was to take out Tom and then deal with the rest of us. Just as planned.
Photobucket

Eschewing the Wayward Whore, I charged Tom. I was mistaken in thinking that I would be able to get her back later. After this point, she was no where near where I could get to her in a reasonable amount of time.
Photobucket

And that Wayward Whore walks back toward the Undead, and the Orcs walk forward.
Photobucket

Jim measures to see if he can walk up to the Wayward Whore.
Photobucket

The answer? Not quite.
Photobucket

Overhead shot of the grand melee that was developing.
Photobucket

Ok, I lied. She did come near me, but I was really FOCUSED on killing Tom, so that I could kill Megan. According to plan, so far. I really wanted Jim to walk away with the Win in this match.
Photobucket

See this pic? This is basically how my rats stayed for the rest of the game. Me and Tom couldn't hurt each other...after he managed to kill a bunch of them.
Photobucket

Another overhead shot. It was taken like an hour later, but not much had changed, but I hadn't realized that at the time.
Photobucket

Goddamn Wayward Whore! Pick someone already!
Photobucket

More of me and Tom trying and failing to kill each other.
Photobucket

Go to the ghouls, girl!
Photobucket

Now, Megan's other grand plan came to fruition. She caught me in an anvil between her and Tom.
Photobucket

And who said the ghoul wouldn't get the girl?
Photobucket

Overhead of the grand guignol. Lots of close combat happening.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jim arranges the planned decimation of Megan. He set it up well. She didn't see it coming.
Photobucket

Anyone else getting sick of Rats vs. Dwarfs? It seemed so damn exciting during the game, but really in pics, you can kinda see how nothing kept changing.
Photobucket

Overhead of the all the plans falling into place.
Photobucket

Now, it is starting to get really interesting, but its pretty much the same pic as before.
Photobucket

This was the one that we were all waiting for. The heavy hitters get involved. The Troll vs. The Undead Ogre (Ushabti). Battle of the Beasts!
Photobucket

Megan brings more forces to bear against me and Tom, to no avail, I might add.
Photobucket

That's because Jim had a devastating magic phase, and took out a good chunk of her warband. I've never seen him get off the 'life stealer' spell so many times in one game. He got it off three different times, and most of the time, he's hard pressed to get it off once.
Photobucket

Some undead move in to secure positions.
Photobucket

While the ghouls wiped most of Megan's warband off the board, I think we were all waiting for the Vampire to get involved in the Troll vs. Undead Ogre battle. Also with a bit of added Dreg!
Photobucket

Attrition was starting to effect me and Megan. She used the Orc muscian as a warboss for some reason. I guess she just likes drummers. That musician was the only hero she had left at this point, and Tom and I couldn't kill him.
Photobucket

A nice close up of the fight.
Photobucket

Troll finally took out the Ogre. However, he still had to deal with the Dreg and the decidedly not Twilight Vampire.
Photobucket

The last orc boy moves in to support his boss.
Photobucket

Then the Ghouls moved in, having killed almost everything of Megan's that moved.
Photobucket

More dregs move in to reinforce the boss.
Photobucket

Vampire and Troll, both down to one wound after many rounds of fighting.
Photobucket

And I finally routed off the table. Leaving the dwarves and the orcs to thier own devices. Tom rolled so many ones during the game, that we stopped calling them ones, and called them Toms. He didn't appreciate this, and called us all 'tards'.
Photobucket

The troll finally taken care of (by a dreg no less), the ghouls and others move in to finish off Megan's Orcs.
Photobucket

Megan seeing the writing on the wall, decided that cowardice is the better form of valor, and voluntarily routed so that she would have at least one hero left.
Photobucket

The Undead hit the hard as nails dwarves that were filled with more whiff then a fish market. The dwarves couldn't hit us, and we utterly failed to wound them.
Photobucket

I wonder what these two guys have in mind for the Wayward Whore once they get off the table? Probably just a nice meal of girl, knowing ghouls.
Photobucket

And the be-all end all battle was joined with the most unlikely of opponents, Tom and Jim. I think that Jim used this battle to work out some of the frustrations that he's had with working with Tom for almost a decade.
Photobucket

One more turn, and the Wayward Whore was good as home.
Photobucket

However, that was not to be, since Jim tabled Tom in that last round.
Photobucket

So that's all I wrote. Possibly later this week, I'll edit this for sensitive eyes, and post it elsewhere. Then I'll probably have the rest of the Post-Battle Sequence done.

Or not, I mean, its not like you can spell lazy without LAZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment