Thursday, September 15, 2011

Off the Beaten Cobblestones; Planning for the End

So. Well, it looks like we won't be playing Mordheim this week either. Seems that Megan has to go to a wedding. See, that's what happens when you let a girl play games with you. She puts things like family and culture and stuffs in front of a big slap down fight.

All kidding aside, the real world rears its ugly head again in our games. It happens to all of us. Not really a big deal. Just gives me another week to prepare for the next session. Muhahaha.

Regardless, one thing was solidified today about that final session. It came about because of dumplings. On Thursdays its just me, Megan, and Po (who is also a gamer, but not there on Saturdays). We were all sitting around as Po who works night shift was debating what to get for lunch. We started talking about all the great places around the building to go eat. I happened to thank the two of them for turning me onto fried dumplings from the local Chinese joint. Man, those are good. So we started talking about Chinese food.

I'm not a very adventurous eater, since I have a lot of food allergies. When I say that I am a meat and potatoes man, I mean that literally that is almost all I can eat. However, I am starting to branch out a bit with Chinese food. I mentioned that I would love to get some Peking duck, but won't order with my family, because I have no idea if any of us would like it and it is rather expensive. So Po spoke up, that if we wanted to order a Peking duck, he would pitch in for it. I think he was talking about tonight, but it turned out that Megan has never had Peking Duck, either.

So we made a plan. Next Saturday is the day after pay-day. So we will all have money, and we will all be in the mood to kill each other all day. So instead of taking our usual lunch breaks to make four separate food runs, Po is coming in (he knows the good places to get food) and we are ordering a huge Chinese food run. Peking Duck, fried dumplings, wonton soup, white rice, egg rolls the whole nine yards. So we are going to work, eat Chinese, and slaughter each other in a huge Chaos on the Streets match (with one spectator). With the exception of the work thing, I really can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Hmm, I happen to have a new Chaos possessed warband sitting around, I wonder how much time Po has...

No comments:

Post a Comment